Wednesday, April 3, 2019

Making the News While Watching the Solar Eclipse at the Speedway

Locals: DYLAN AND COLTON ARE GOING TO BE ON THE 6 PM NEWS ON CHANNEL 8 TALKING ABOUT THE ECLIPSE!!! We only have Netflix. Can anyone record it for me? The boys want to see themselves and so do the rest of our extended family members! I included a clip I took during the interview. Silly boys.
I had reserved a spot at the Roanoke Library viewing party but it was filled to max capacity before it even started and their supply of glasses was long gone. And I was even on time. Disappointed but not to be deterred, Plan B was to quickly drive to the Speedway to watch it on their big screen without glasses. The Channel 8 crew loved their NASA shirts and wanted to interview them. The interviewer gave us a pair of glasses and another spectator next to us gave another pair so the boys each had their own. Southern hospitality at its finest. I love it when Plan B is better than Plan A!
Dylan and Colton had their 2 minutes of fame in the segment about the eclipse on the news. It captures them perfectly. I love Meredith Anderson Breinholt's family's reaction to Colt's latest one-liner as they were recording this for us. ðŸ˜‚
I've lived in Fort Worth for 7 years and have only heard a handful of southern drawls as thick as the kid at the end of the clip. But it makes for good entertainment!














My video during the eclipse:
The news clip that Dylan and Colton were in on TV didn't load, unfortunately.

No comments:

Post a Comment