Thursday, March 12, 2020

Christmas in Ruidoso 2019

I posted this on 12/21 after reading an article by Heather McCain entitled "The Burnout that Special Needs Parents Experience."
"The burnout is real, but so is the unconditional love between us and our children. You see us in the moments that keep us going, the moments that make all of the hard parts worth every second. But rarely does anyone see us at our most vulnerable, so rarely does anyone notice how burnt out we are."
This is especially true at this time of the year. Online and in real life you will see the matching outfits and smiles and best parts of my life that I want to hold on to and remember, but there are plenty of times this week I wanted to stay home and "cancel Christmas" (all of the stressful non-essential parts of the holiday...like buying presents for people other than my own kids) because it would be A LOT easier with the schedule I keep...even though I love doing them. I truly love my life, but it is far from easy. Just keeping it real.

Christmas in Ruidoso, New Mexico with Nana and the crew.🎄❄️
  






  









No comments:

Post a Comment