Friday, March 13, 2020

Feeding Tube Awareness Week

Happy Feeding Tube Awareness Week! (Edit: My bestie just informed me I’m a month early. I’m so tired I didn’t even notice it’s actually in February. 🤦🏼‍♀️)
Fitting that last night I had a scary dream Robbie’s G-tube button came out in the night and the stoma (hole) had already closed enough that we couldn’t get it back in ourselves and had to immediately head to the ER. When I got up and checked it there wasn’t anything wrong, but it sure got my heart pumping. Even my subconscious is always thinking about his feeds. I hear phantom pump beeping sounds all the time.
His button has come out 11 times to date, thankfully during the day, and we haven’t had to seek medical help to get it back in because we noticed right away and knew what to do. Hoping it stays that way! #adventuresintubefeeding #lovemytubie #tubiemom #Arthrogryposis

No comments:

Post a Comment