Friday, March 13, 2020

Sudden Loss of Uncle Brent

I made this Facebook post Feb 6:
The past 24 hours have been really hard for my extended family. Last night my mom’s brother had a tragic fall at work and never woke up. After my cousins gathered to say their goodbyes he slipped peacefully away.
I can’t wrap my head around what it feels like for my aunt to not have her husband come home from the hospital, for my cousins to bury their father, for my mom to suddenly lose her brother, for my grandparents to outlive their son. Sometimes life is so painfully hard. I am grateful for the knowledge that families are forever and we will see him again, but that doesn’t take away all the sadness tonight.
I will miss Uncle Brent’s sense of humor and love of family history. I will miss him asking how I’m doing and genuinely wanting to know the answer. And how he was always rooting for Robbie and the progress he is making despite his disability. The last time we talked was on Robbie’s birthday a few weeks ago after he shared a video I posted and asked his friends for prayers on Robbie’s behalf before his latest intensive therapy.
I miss him already. It’s hard to live so far away from my family. I will have to settle for celebrating his life from afar. Don’t ever pass up an opportunity to love on your dear ones.❤️
I love this picture of Uncle Brent and Matt. Josh looks so much like Brent, without the 'stache:

No comments:

Post a Comment