Friday, March 13, 2020

Trip to the ER to replace G-tube and then Robbie's Paw Patrol Party at Dream Park

My Tubie nightmare came true. Robbie's feeding tube was pulled out (for the 12th time) sometime in the night and it was long enough before I went to get him in the morning that we couldn't get it back in. Dropped everything and headed to Cook’s ER. Glad Sherrie-Kaye Holdaway Miller and Autrey’s parents are all in town to celebrate Robbie’s birthday and took the older boys to their basketball games (that Autrey was supposed to be coaching).
The doctor dialated his stoma and got his Button back in. It was pretty painful (without the use of any type of pain killer) and he’s still upset, but we avoided surgery. Crisis averted. About to check out from ER. After a good nap he'll be ready to go. #adventuresintubefeeding #tubieproblems #tubiemom
Then that night:
This morning when we realized Robbie’s G-Button wasn’t going back in without the help of medical professionals I had two thoughts run through my head: 1. He might need another surgery and 2. I’m going to have to cancel the first birthday party he’s ever had. So grateful neither had to happen.
I’m so glad our extended family is so awesome and we’ve met dear friends from the hospital/going to various therapies who traveled long distances to come today. Others couldn’t come due to sickness, but I’ll take a rain check. I was a bit discombobulated and didn’t get pictures of the older boys or their cousins who were off playing at the park, my in-laws, and one of his OCH friends...but I still think today was an overwhelming success.

 I love the dog-themed food, especially the puppy paw cupcakes!



A few weeks before the party we scouted the park out as a family:



Video of going down the bumpy slide:
Robbie walking up the stairs holding onto the railing:
Video of Robbie playing at the musical section:
At the actual party:
Stephanie and Kyler:
Sariah Francom and her family with mom:

Carolyn and Preston:
Ivy, Robbie, Levitt:

No comments:

Post a Comment