Friday, November 8, 2019

1st Day in Nursery!

Well, the day finally came that I have been nervously anticipating since his birthday. This little guy is 18 months old and went to Nursery today.
I wasn't surprised by Robbie's tears because church starts during his nap time and he's been fussy even for Stevan Autrey Duke and I as we take turns walking the halls each week, but the extent of MY tears and 'separation anxiety' caught me off guard. All my nervous tics came out while sitting in Relief Society without him. He has only been away from us a handful of times during a few of my dr appointments, one school field trip, and one NASCAR race with the older boys so it felt weird to leave him.
I am incredibly grateful the church leaders called a Nursery Buddy for him to safely participate and Cindy Lemon eagerly accepted. Nothing about his condition has ever phased her and she's now a pro with his feeding pump. Their family moving here has been a huge blessing! I am also grateful for my friends comforting me as I left him and kept checking on him for me to calm my heart. I am always thankful for anyone who truly loves my sweet boys and makes our lives a little bit easier. ❤️

That belly laugh:

No comments:

Post a Comment