Thursday, November 7, 2019

Update...Robbie Bearing Weight with Braces!!!

Robbie Update Pictures:
1. The shamrock casts came off yesterday. Anthony is the best. He has cut all of Robbie’s casts off since we started going to Scottish Rite when he was a month old. Poor little guy doesn’t like the loud saw anymore and cried before it even turned on, but hopefully that was the last set of casts for a while.
2. I tried to recreate the cute baby-play-with-the-balloons videos going around. He was really tired at the Boy Scout Blue and Gold banquet last night after a long day at the hospital and he wasn’t really moving 3 of his limbs much so it didn’t work like I wanted, but I tried.
3. Last night was the first night since January I could give him a bath and put him in “real jammies” because the casts were off. I almost forgot how much he likes the water. He’s supposed to start sleeping in his new braces soon, but the stretch in extension is uncomfortable right now and we will have to work up to that. He is such a cute sleeper with his legs crossed. And pardon the blankets. He’s been congested and throwing up a lot lately and his sheets were being washed. Again.
4. and 5. Trying out his new drop-lock hinge braces to bear weight with Martha, his Early Childhood Intervention Physical Therapist. We love her. None of his shoes fit over the braces so we tried these Crocs. They ended up not being great either, but that was our attempt. The braces will take some time getting used to.
Honestly, I try my best to hide it but I’m still pretty emotionally raw. Progress is coming so slowly and it’s frustrating with all the effort we’re putting in. Also, I’m so exhausted I caught myself falling asleep while driving to Scottish Rite yesterday morning. Thankfully the fear and adrenaline of what almost happened kept me awake the rest of the trip. Autrey said the same thing happens to him on the way home from work. One thing is for sure: We HAVE to find a way to take better care of ourselves physically and emotionally before we both completely burn out.




This picture was from around the same time:

No comments:

Post a Comment