Friday, November 8, 2019

Good Riddance, Old Endocrinologist

9/20/2018 Rant: Soooo frustrated right now. I’m a hot mess and have had a huge painful stye in my eye all week...yet my endocrinologist just sat there and told me my levels were ‘normal’ and BMI is in ‘normal’ range so there wasn’t anything to be done and I don’t really need to lose the other 19 lbs that won’t budge. Ummmm, yeah, most of my clothes still don’t fit, buddy, and I feel like crap all the time despite trying not to show it. That’s not a new normal I’m going to settle for thankyouverymuch.
I asked him about testing for Hashimoto’s and he matter-of-factly stated he was almost certain I had it and didn’t really see a need to spend time and money to test for it since I am already taking meds for hypothyroidism...but he would at my next appt in 6 months if I really wanted him to. Why hasn’t Hashimoto’s ever been mentioned to me before??? I didn’t know you could have both conditions at the same time. 🤦🏼‍♀️
He could see how upset I was getting and tried FIVE TIMES to get me to see a therapist and take antidepressants. He didn’t ask any other question except a general ‘how are you feeling?’ before he was ready to hand me a script for pills and send me out the door. 🤬
I hate how I feel now, but introducing more drugs into the mix isn’t the answer right now. I have to somehow get a handle on the external stressers in my life that apparently are the culprits...but throat punching him might have made me feel a little better in the mean time. 👊🏻

10/5/2018 UPDATE: I ❤️ my new Dr so far!!! Dr. Simonak gave me my first B12 shot and a high dose Vitamin D pill to takes once a week because BOTH levels were low. He also had more blood work done to check levels and help decide which thyroid medicine to go with, and to investigate the possibility of Hashimoto’s. He listened to me and treated me like a person, not a case file. A breath of fresh air!

No comments:

Post a Comment